In order to provide the best possible service and be a sought after brand for its customer,
as a bearing manufacturer, ORS shall;
1. Meet with the expectations of all related parties and to committed to provide
all necessary resources for this,
2. Promote an approach with risk analysis on mind for everything we do,
3. Develop processes and designs with the most up-to-date tecnologies,
4. Manufacture with zero-defect,
5. Establish a quality management system and continuous improvement structure,
Adopt as its Quality Policy.
ORS accepts environmental protection and occupational health and safety as an important part of responsibility of an industrial organization.
To achieve this, at our bearing production facilities, we commit ourselves to:
1. Comply with the national and international laws related to environmental, occupational health and safety,
2. Disseminate the environmental protection awareness to all employees by required training activities,
3. Ensure the participation of employees and their representatives while taking decisions on environmental issues,
4. Making decisions in harmony with the environment in new investment and technology choices,
5. While designing the product, take into account the entire life cycle of the product until it is scrapped, to ensure that the processes do not harm to the environment,
6. Reduce the environmental effects of the product by conducting research and development studies in production processes,
7. Preferring recyclable resources that do not harm the environment and reducing wastes by managing resource consumption in a sustainable way,
8. Use chemicals in accordance with national and international legal regulations in production processes and to manage chemical usage responsibly,
9. Take accountability in connection with the consequences of waste management and environmental impacts,
10. Reduce greenhouse gas emissions, use energy efficiently and use renewable energy in processes to prevent climate change,
11. Meet the expectations of the parties concerned with the processes affecting the environmental management system,
12. Avoid environmental contamination and protect the environment by decomposing wastes at its source, to make studies for reducing the usage of natural resources and keeping all of these under control by monitoring the measurement results,
13. Provide adequate resources for reaching planned environmental targets and encouraging continuous improvements,
14. Prevent wastage of water, ensure the reuse of treated wastewater and control the discharges that may deteriorate the water quality in the earth,
15. Control the emissions that may impair the atmospheric air quality,
16. Continuously monitor and reduce the Corporate Carbon Footprint and realize the targets given in line with the European Green Agreement,
17. Carry out the necessary activities for an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable life.
Occupational Health and Safety Policy
ORS accepts occupational health and safety as an important part of responsibility of an industrial organization.
To achieve this, at our bearing production facilities, we commit ourselves to:
1. Comply with the national and international laws related to OHS that we are obliged to,
2. Spread the awareness of occupational health and safety to all employees through necessary training activities,
3. Ensure the participation of employee representatives while making decisions on OHS issues,
4. Making decisions that ensure occupational health and safety in new investment and technology selections,
5. Continuously improve the safety measures in the production processes of the product by conducting research and development studies,
6. Prefer sources that do not harm occupational health,
7. Meet the expectations of the relevant parties regarding the processes affecting the OHS management system,
8. Reduce the risks of incidents in work environments, to work to protect the health and safety of employees,
9. Provide adequate resources for the achievement of planned OHS objectives and the promotion of continuous improvement,
10. Provide employees with personal protective equipment (PPE) suitable for the character of the job,
11. Ensure that the employees work safely by equipping the work environment with safe machines,
12. Minimize the damage to employees and the environment by planning emergencies with proactive approach within the scope of emergency preparedness,
13. Take continuous measures to prevent incidents and accidents,
14. Provide an ergonomic working environment for all employees,
15. Ensure the safety of employees by taking adequate fire protection measures in the working environment.
As an organization aware of the responsibility of Energy Management, we are committed
to fulfill the following issues in order to reduce energy consumption and cost in all our
1. To comply with the legal and other conditions related to energy,
2. To continuously improve the energy performance,
3. To provide necessary information and resources to reach the energy related objectives and targets,
4. To provide energy-efficient products and services for all processes,
5. To consider energy efficiency at every stage of the processes,
6. To raise the awareness of our employees and stakeholders on energy efficiency.
Sustainable Purchasing Policy
As ORS Bearings, we are working for leaving happy and healthy world to young generations by centralizing sustainability approach. We adopt a perspective which involves not only our own operations, but also our suppliers’ operations.
Following are the basic principles of ORS; • To establish long-term business relationships based on mutual honesty, transparency, trust and respect with the suppliers who are specialized on their fields.
• To provide working conditions and to respect the environment with suppliers in accordance with contracts and agreements of International Labour Organisation (ILO), United Nations Global Compact, United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and national laws.
• To establish sincere, honest, respectful, fair, unbiased and transparent business relationships by ensuring fairness of all procurement activities including supplier selection and fulfilling our responsibilities to suppliers.
• To work with local and international suppliers to provide our customers competitive prices without compromising our understanding of quality, environmental ethics, occupational health and safety, and information security.
• To create a sustainable supply chain culture for the environment and society as a role model of sustainability and social responsibility with all our stakeholders in the supply chain.
• To encourage suppliers by cooperating with them to ensure continuous improvement for reaching competitive level in prices which our customers expect and maintaining the level.
Sustainable Purchasing Policy in accordance with Basic Principles; • To conduct purchasing operations in parallel with ORS's policies and procedures.
• To make purchases from the reliable suppliers who also focus on customer satisfaction and conscious about occupational health and safety, environment, information security and social responsibility in our Approved Supplier List.
• To establish long term and continuous business relationships based on mutual trust, effective communication and understanding of partnership in the business.
• To work with suppliers who support ORS to produce highly competitive products with strong quality price balance, and run continuous improvement projects by following current developments and technologies closely.
• To work with suppliers who pay strict attention to privacy rules, are committed to the confidentiality of the ORS’s information and do not share with the third parties.
• To work with suppliers who comply with the information security and privacies of the employees.
• To work with suppliers who establish systems that allow whistleblowing and reporting unethical behavior and events and ensure that the employees who report unethical behavior and events are not retaliated against
• To work with suppliers who do not overshadow mutual trust and respect; avoid humiliation, human trafficking, fraud, deceit, extortion, corruption and bribery; and conduct operations within the framework of laws by standing apart illegal activities.
• To work with suppliers who comply with fair competition and anti-trust practices and avoid from conflicts of interest
• To work with suppliers who give priority to occupational safety and health, comply with national and international rules and regulations for environmental protection, and practice Code of Conduct completely.
• To work with suppliers who strictly comply with the rules of the environment and control greenhouse gas emissions, implement energy efficiency, prefer renewable energy, avoid unnecessary consumption of water and prevent water pollution, prevent air polluting emission, manage resources in a sustainable way and reduce waste, manage the chemicals used with sence of responsibility.
• To work with suppliers who track sustainability requirements for their own suppliers.
• To work with suppliers who take responsibility for the raw materials used.
• To work with the suppliers who use environmentally-friendly methods to package and deliver the products procured for ORS,
• To work with the suppliers who provide an appropriate and fair working environment for their employees by validating the decisions and applications within the scope of the basic employee rights such as healthy and safe working conditions, wages, working hours, freedom of association and right of the collective bargaining, do not permit forced labor and labor trafficking within the scope of modern slavery, offer equal rights for the employees, do not allow non-discrimination (e.g. language, race, gender, political opinion, philosophical belief, religion, sect and etc.), and are against child labour,
• To work with the suppliers who are financially qualified and can manage their financial risks,
• To work with the suppliers who meet the standards and conditions (RoHS, ELV, REACH, MSDS and IMDS) internationally accepted about reliability of the products,
RoHS: The Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive European Union 2002/95/EC
ELV: The End-of-Life Vehicle Directive European Union 2000/53/EC
REACH: Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals
MSDS: Material Safety Data Sheet
IMDS: International Material Data System
• To work with the suppliers who do not use “conflict metals and minerals” (Tantalum, Tungsten, Tin, Gold) that are procured from and contributed to the conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and adjoining countries in the products supplied to ORS within the scope of “Conflicting Minerals” policy,
All suppliers have to procure the products in accordance “Sustainable Purchasing Policy”. A preventive action report is immediately requested from the suppliers, which do not comply the policy. Our commercial relations with the suppliers which cannot resolve the non-conformities within a certain period are suspended or may be terminated.
If you wish to share a suspicious behavior or a breach of the code of business conduct, you can contact with the ORS Plant Manager by using the following communication methods:
Phone: +90 (312) 648 00 10
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
ORS shall maintain confidentiality on a person who asked for recommendation in good faith, he reported any suspicious behavior or possible breach of the code of business conduct of the supplier, and shall not tolerate any penalties imposed or retaliations against the person in question.